Saturday, August 7, 2010

Book Review; Tweet Heart by Elizabeth Rudnick

  Tweet HeartTweet Heart by Elizabeth Rudnick
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Claire is a #hopelessromantic. Lottie is determined to set up her BFF with Mr. Perfect. Will wants his #secretcrush to finally notice him. Bennett is a man with a plan. 

Claire can’t believe it when her dream guy starts following her on Twitter. She never thought he noticed her, and suddenly he seems to understand her better than almost anyone. 

But the Twitterverse can be a confusing place, especially when friends act differently online than they do in person. Things get even more complicated when Claire realizes she’s falling for someone else, the last person she ever would have expected…. 

Told in an innovative format combining tweets, emails, and blogs, Tweet Heart is a contemporary romantic comedy that will set your heart atwitter


I read a couple of  good reviews from blogs and thought I would give this book a try. It's written in Tweets, blogs, and email format so there was a slight adjustment period for me. That being said...I read it in only two and a half hours. I was sucked in very quickly and couldn't wait to get through it.

One thing I really liked about the format was I didn't feel like I was reading a book. It was like I was following Twitter and reading my own friends' posts. Tweet Heart was a great concept beautifully executed. As a  reader I was able to immerse myself into the lives of four teenagers and get a quick glimpse at life in high school.

As far as the characters: I liked Lots and Benn more than Claire and Will. Then again,I do have a tendency to like the more secondary characters. Will and Lots were more snarky and had much better one-liners than Claire and Will. However, all four were very well developed and their personalities played out to a tee.

 The point to the book for me wasn't the plot as much as the delivery. That's where this book gets my vote. If you are looking for a different type of delivery and a very quick and fun read this is certainly a top recommendation!! Have fun reading tweethearts!!

View all my reviews >>

1 comment:

Reading your comments makes my day better...go ahead leave one. I'll comment back!

This blog is an award free zone. I love and appreciate the awards, but I'm unable to pass them on and share the love like I'd like to.