Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday Something--What's Your Muse??

So I'm sitting here working  on this story. I actually finished it a couple of months ago, but as soon as I was ready to start edits I decided that it needed to be scrapped and started all over. That's wrong...with the help of my awesome crit partner we decided it should be scrapped. Anyway, so I started back at square one. Same characters, some of the same events...but completely new plot.

What's that have to do with my muse you ask? Well, I've been stumped trying to get over the hump of the ms. In fact, I've hit a wall at this point with all my manuscripts. It's some sort of mental block. I know how it's going to end (at least I think I do) and I know that I'm happy with beginning. I just have problems bridging the gap. Enter Muse...my muse. Twilight the movie (not the books) and only Twilight, not New Moon. I tried to put that one on the other day and got absolutely no writing done. However, with Twilight, I turn it on and right from start to finish. I can easily get a couple thousand good solid words down.

I know it sounds strange and my husband--wonderful as he is--thinks I'm insane. It works though, so I will continue using it. I'm curious. What's your muse???


And don't forget to enter to win a book of your choice! 

2 comments:

  1. I find that I have the same issue when I am writing but unfortunately I have not found my muse yet. I hope that I will soon!

    Thanx for sharing!!

    Kristen
    My Bloody Fairy Tale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck finding your muse. :)

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day better...go ahead leave one. I'll comment back!

This blog is an award free zone. I love and appreciate the awards, but I'm unable to pass them on and share the love like I'd like to.