Sunday, January 23, 2011

Review: The Lost Saint by Bree Despain

The Lost Saint (The Dark Divine,  #2)The Lost Saint by Bree Despain
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A family destroyed. A love threatened. An enemy returns. 

Grace Divine made the ultimate sacrifice to cure Daniel Kalbi. She was infected with he werewolf curse while trying to save him, and lost her beloved brother in the process. 

Desperate to find Jude, Grace befriends Talbot, a newcomer to town. But as the two grow closer, Grace's relationship with Daniel is put in danger -- in more ways than one. 

Unaware of the dark path she is walking, Grace begins to give into the wolf inside of her -- not realizing that an enemy has returned and a deadly trap is about to be sprung. 

Bree Despain delivers sizzling romance and thrilling action in the heart-pounding sequel to the The Dark Divine.


I must say I actually liked The Lost Saint more than I did The Dark Divine. I think one of the reasons is the character development of Daniel. I felt like I got to know him better in this book. Although, I was a little frustrated when he went all secretive and introverted again. Grace rode my nerves in this book. She was too flippy floppy for me, wanting to do the right thing with Daniel then deciding to go behind his back and do what she wanted to show him that she could. It was just frustrating. That being said overall I liked this book. The trilogy is different from so many of the werewolf books out right now, and I love that.


What I like: I liked the ending. It is a cliffhanger of sorts, but I felt like the ending took the trilogy from being a tween book to an older audience book. I'm excited to see what the last book holds. I read this book in one day because I wanted to make sure nothing happened that I didn't like. Bree made sure to keep the tension just high enough to keep me going, but not so bad that I felt let down at the end.


What I love: The twists all through the book, not just at the end. I was so surprised by Talbot and how he ended up. That's one new character I hope we get to see again. I also love Gabriel. He's actually one of my favorite characters. Gabriel has snark, humor, kindness, and over all ahole all wrapped up in one pretty little package.



Would I recommend: Yep.

Purchase at Amazon


View all my reviews

2 comments:

Reading your comments makes my day better...go ahead leave one. I'll comment back!

This blog is an award free zone. I love and appreciate the awards, but I'm unable to pass them on and share the love like I'd like to.