Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Review: Anna and The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Anna and the French KissAnna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris—until she meets √Čtienne St. Claire: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.
As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near-misses end with the French kiss Anna—and readers—have long awaited?

4 out of 5 Stars

In the words of Fancy Nancy (yes, I have a 4 year old and I steal from her favorite books sometimes) Ooh la, la! That's the best way for me to sum up this book. Stephanie Perkins wrote a fabulous story that kept me going from the beginning. I read this book on a long flight from San Diego to Dallas and finished on my home to Kansas City. I know that the people around me were wondering why I was laughing out loud while reading a book. My answer: It was funny!!

What I liked: St.Clair. he was delectable and sweet and all around what I would dream about if I dreamed about n American English Parisian. The whole group of friends was such a good collection of diverse people. I think I could read a book about each of them.

What I loved: I loved the beginning and the end. The middle was a little too repetitive for me and I waited in anticipation of how it would end. The end was perfect. I also loved Josh. I'm not sure why I was drawn to Josh, but I was. He rivaled St.Clair for the top spot. I've read around the blogosphere that the third book may include Josh. That would make me very very happy.

Would I recommend: Absolutely. This book was raved about when frist released, and -admittedly- I was hesitant to read it. i was worried it wouldn't be enough to keep me going. I'm happy to say that it was. As with just about any book there are always things I'd like to see done a different way, but then that would probably change the book and it may not be as good.But YES YES YES I'd recommend this one.

Pick it up here , here , or here

5 comments:

  1. Great review. I'm glad I'm not the only one who read this book almost in one sitting and laughed out loud in the process. It's just that kind of book!

    And the third book might be about Josh?!? Thank you for sharing that tidbit, even if it is just gossip floating around the book-blogger world!

    Erin @ Quitting My Day Job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review. So looking forward to reading this book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I've been looking forward to reading this one and just keep forgetting to buy it. My critique partner just finished it and said it was absolutely adorable....in a really good way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really? I didn't know the third book is about Josh. How cool! I still can't figure out how the second book is related to the first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This novel has the perfect blend of humour, heartbreak, love and normal teenage school conflict. Anna and the French Kiss made me giggle a terribly huge amount. I read it on my flight to Italy, so it was either very funny or I was very delirious from the lack of sleep - I'm thinking both? Anna's thoughts are spot on and perfectly represent what most girls are thinking when they're around really sweet and really cute guys.

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day better...go ahead leave one. I'll comment back!

This blog is an award free zone. I love and appreciate the awards, but I'm unable to pass them on and share the love like I'd like to.