Friday, June 10, 2011

Review: Moon Sword by Keri Arthur

Moon Sworn (Riley Jenson Guardian, #9)Some nights never end. 

Some desires never die. . . . 

She ventures where no one else dares—into realms of peril and pleasure. But will this next journey be her last? 

Shape-shifting werewolf and vampire Riley Jenson is through with death–causing it, solving it, surviving it. Her soul mate, Kye Murphy, is dead–and at Riley’s own hands. Not even the seductive embrace of her vampire lover, Quinn, can fully ease her mind, for she has begun questioning everything that makes her Riley–including her job at the Directorate. 

Now, the ritualistically slain bodies of ex-cons have started turning up. Reluctantly, Riley takes the case, but something even worse is waiting in the wings. For a vicious enemy from her past is determined to strip Riley of everything that gives her life any meaning: her lover, her brother–and even her own identity. Can Riley survive this ultimate assault? All she knows is, she must fight one last time to find answers, before everything goes dark forever…



5 out of 5 stars

Best ending ever! That's the only summary I can give this series. Moon Sworn is the last book in the Riley Jenson series (sadly!). I do believe it's the best book in the series as well. 


Riley has been through hell and back in each of the books, and this one is no different. I wasn't sure what to expect from the last book. Sure, there was going to be action and excitement. Of course many of my questions would be answered and plots would be fleshed out. However, it wasn't at all what I expected. The hell she faces this time isn't so much at the hands of a case from the Directorate, but it's a personal issue. One that started when she and her brother Rhoan were ousted from the pack. 


After the ending of Bound to Shadows it's apparent that Riley is going to have to face Blake, their pack leader. I figured he'd come out guns blazing, but Keri surprised me with his very cunning and well thought out revenge. What I loved most about it though, was even with his plan Riley maintained who she was. I loved Riley in book one and didn't want to see any of her stubbornness or resistance to authority fade. Keri did a fantastic job keeping everything that made Riley awesome in place. 


We don't get to see as much from Quinn and Rhoan in this book until the second half when it matters. The family built throughout this series is only strengthened in the last book. 


I won't say too much more because I don't want to give away the ending. If you haven't read this series and are a fan of urban fantasy I suggest you pick up book 1 as soon as possible. I can't rave about all of the books, but I can say with confidence that there is enough excitement it's worth reading the entire series. Moon Sworn wraps everything up with a excitement, love, anger, and action.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading your comments makes my day better...go ahead leave one. I'll comment back!

This blog is an award free zone. I love and appreciate the awards, but I'm unable to pass them on and share the love like I'd like to.