Monday, July 11, 2011

Blog Tour: CRUSH CONTROL by Jennifer Jabaley









Willow has spent most of her life as her mother's sidekick in a popular Las Vegas hypnotism show. So when she and her mom move back to their sleepy southern hometown to start over, she thinks she's in for a life of quiet normalcy. Except that her new life turns out to be anything but, when she kinda sorta hypnotizes Quinton, the hottest guy on the football team, to fall madly, deeply, head over heels in love with her. But what started out as an innocent way to make her best friend, Max, jealous soon gets way out of hand, and Willow begins to wonder if the mind - and more importantly, the heart - is something you can really control.


I had the pleasure of interviewing Jennifer about her latest book CRUSH CONTROL. 
JD:Where did you get the idea to have Willow use hypnosis?
JJ:One night my young daughter was up in the middle of the night. She was not a very good sleeper and I was sleep deprived and maybe, a little delirious :) I started rocking her and saying, jokingly, "you are getting sleepy. Sleeeeeeepy." Then it hit me - hypnosis would be a great idea for a book.
JD: How would you describe Willow?
JJ: I think Willow, at heart, is much like most teen girls: she wants to be noticed, she wants to be loved. She also hates when things are out of her control. I would not say her use of hypnosis was manipulative but rather an immature attempt to get help control her circumstances. A bit desperate, I guess.
JD: What's one thing about Willow that readers would be surprised to learn?
JJ: I think it's surprising to learn that Willow's grandparents are very prim and proper and traditionally southern. After being raised by an eccentric Las Vegas hypnotist, it's interesting to learn the other dimension of her family.
JD: What is your favorite line from the book?
JJ: "The heart wants what the heart wants." Said by Max. How true is that?
JD: What advice would you give reader's and/or Willow when it comes to guys and love?
JJ: See quote above :) Which also means, you can't ever control how someone feels. You can't make someone love you. And you can't force yourself to love someone, even if on paper they seem like the perfect match.



Thanks so much for having me!



Jen


Now go get Crush Control from Borders, Barnes and Noble, Amazon, or The Book Depository
Find Jen on her website , blog  Facebook, or Twitter















1 comment:

  1. "The heart wants what the heart wants." Love that quote. :) Crush Control sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day better...go ahead leave one. I'll comment back!

This blog is an award free zone. I love and appreciate the awards, but I'm unable to pass them on and share the love like I'd like to.