Friday, August 5, 2011

Hop and Follow





Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee and Alison at Alison Can Read
This week's question: Talk about the book that most changed or influenced your life (was it a book that turned you from an average to avid reader, did it help you deal with a particularly difficult situation, does it bring you comfort every time you read it?).
 
 
I'd have to say the books that influenced me were R.L.Stine's books. When I was a kid those were the books that got me hooked. Once I'd picked up one I couldn't wait to finish the next one.
Book Blogger Hop
Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jen at Crazy for Books
This week's question: “What is the one ARC you would love to get your hands on right now?”
 
That's easy....I want the new Cat and Bones by Jeaniene Frost: ONE GRAVE AT A TIME
 

One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress, #6)Having narrowly averted an (under)world war, Cat Crawfield wants nothing more than a little downtime with her vampire husband, Bones. Unfortunately, her gift from New Orleans' voodoo queen just keeps on giving--leading to a personal favor that sends them into battle once again, this time against a villainous spirit.
Centuries ago, Heinrich Kramer was a witch hunter. Now, every All Hallows Eve, he takes physical form to torture innocent women before burning them alive. This year, however, a determined Cat and Bones must risk all to send him back to the other side of eternity--forever. But how do you kill a killer who's already long dead?
 
Want to know more about me? Check out Better Know a Blogger today at For What It's Worth
 
When you're done with that go to YA Sisterhood and vote for Zachary in the YA Crush Tourney...let's get him to the final 2!!!

13 comments:

  1. RL Stine was a big one for me too! New follower :)

    Amanda
    Hippies, Beauty, and Books. Oh My!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be happy to hear that R.L. Stine is still going strong at my library. The kids devour them! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember seeing RL Stine's books everywhere when I was a kid! Great pick :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want One Grave at a Time as well! Luckily it comes out at the end of the month! The one that I want to read right now would be one that doesn't come out til January! Ugh, the agony of waiting!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was absolutely and utterly in love with Goosebumps as a kid! I loved it when R.L. Stine came out with the "Choose Your Scare" books which were essentially choose your own adventure books. They were my favorite!

    I'm a new follower. I hope you'll stop by my blog post HERE.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. post all of the following including the signature to each and every blog at
    the Book Blogger hop:

    As with just about everything else, most people will be startled to learn which
    ARC I’m looking forward to the most.

    Shocked, possibly.

    So what’s the next ARC I’m looking forward to the most? The one I can’t stop thinking about?
    The one that gives me sweaty palms?

    Hop on over to my blog now and find out – http://www.howardsherman.net

    Howard Sherman, Implementor
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. A popular choice this week. One month and one day from today's hop, the book I'm highlighting comes out. Come see which book I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the interesting answers everyone has for the book that changed them! R. L. Stine was (is!) so hugely popular and it really brought a lot of reluctant readers firmly into the reading camp. Books that can do that are like gold!

    Thanks for stopping by to see me!

    GraceKrispy@MotherLode blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also gave a shout out to RL Stine's books, among others. Come on over to my blog to see my full answer!

    http://onceuponaprologue.blogspot.com/2011/08/follow-friday-13-book-blogger-hop-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, Hopping through,

    I loved R.L Stine when I was younger too. Happy hopping :)

    http://lily-bookhaven.blogspot.com/

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  11. New follower here :) I was never a huge fan of the R.L. Stine books, but I do remember reading them. And great ARC choice! I haven't read the series, but it's on my to-read list.

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    My Friday Hops

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's nice to find another R.L. Stine fan.

    ReplyDelete
  13. New follower
    Good choice! I can't wait to read more Cat and Bones, they are my fave PNR couple :)
    R.L. Stine's books are also some of my childhood favourites, i must have read them a billion times.
    Please come say hi if you have a spare minute, i love meeting new people!
    Have an awesome weekend :D

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day better...go ahead leave one. I'll comment back!

This blog is an award free zone. I love and appreciate the awards, but I'm unable to pass them on and share the love like I'd like to.