Friday, February 24, 2012

Blog Tour: Interview with Liz Rienhardt author of DOUBLE CLUTCH

J: What made you choose Denmark for where Brenna starts out?
L: My father was born in Copenhagen, Denmark. Growing up, we went to Danish festivals, had a Danish exchange student live with us, ate Danish food, my dad speaks fluent Danish. But so many people didn’t know much about Denmark, so I thought it would be cool if Brenna’s family had ties to it. My dad is super excited that I included Denmark in my books.

J: What is your favorite line from the book?
L: Brenna is on a date, running to a restaurant, and she says, “It felt like I was running right on the line between being a little kid and being an adult. I felt free and happy and giddy, but also loved and wanted and wanting all at once.” For me, that kind of sums up what it’s like to be that great in-between age…not quite an adult, not quite a kid. That’s an exciting time in life, and one that I love looking back on and writing about.
This was a great line. I really enjoyed the whole scene!

J: Can you describe Brenna to us in 3 words or less?
L: Brenna in three words? I would say confident, hard-working, and passionate.

J: All three of your characters seem very different from one another(especially Saxon and Jake) did you have personal references for them or are they developed 100% from your imagination?
L: Haha! My husband will kill me, but…Jake and Saxon are definitely a ton of my imagination. Especially their more romantic aspects! But they are based, heavily, on my husband and his cousin and friends growing up. They were kind of this band of adorable bad boys, all getting into trouble and charming many, many girls in the area. Eventually they all grew up, and they all wound up marrying girls who helped them move on from all their trouble-making. So there’s a little of those guys in Jake and Saxon!
As for Brenna, I drew on my own teenage years, but it was more of a ‘what if this had happened’? Brenna has strong traits from lots of my friends, my sister, my favorite book characters. It’s fun to write from her head, because she reminds me of my favorite friends and family members!

J: Are there any other projects in the works you can share with us?
L: I’m very excited to announce that the third book in the Brenna Blixen series will be out this spring. It’s told from all three of their points of view, so you get to jump into Saxon and Jake’s head too. It takes place the summer before Brenna’s junior and Saxon and Jake’s senior years, and I hope it helps pave the way for a really exciting school year!
I can't wait to read this and get inside Saxon and Jake's head. Both of those boys are swoon worthy! 


Thanks for stopping by Liz!! Now everyone go get Double Clutch. It is a FANTASTIC book. Check out other stops on the tour hosted by The {Teen} Book Scene. 



What happens when you fall in love with the perfect guy...twice...in one day?
Brenna Blixen spent her freshman year homeschooling in Denmark; now that she's back in the States, she's determined to make her sophomore year unforgettable. And by unforgettable, she imagined awesome classes, fun friendships, and maybe a little romance.
What she got was a whole lot of romance, and all at once.
The same day that dark, brooding Saxon Maclean charmed her with his killer good looks and whip-smart wit, Jake Kelly stole her breath away with his heart-wrenching smile and intelligent, thoughtful focus.
But Saxon is a proud player who makes it clear that he doesn't know why he can't get Brenna off of his mind and out of his system, and Jake's sweet and humble attitude hides a secret past life that might be more darker and more complex than Brenna's willing to handle.
Complicating the matter is the fact that Saxon and Jake were once best friends and are now arch-enemies...and the more Brenna finds out about their connection to each other, the more intrigued and worried she becomes.
Between keeping the peace with her lovingly over-protective parents, designing t-shirts for her high school's rising punk band, keeping up her grades in both academic and technical high school, and running the track like a maniac, Brenna has enough to worry about with out juggling two guys who make her heart thud and drive her crazy all at once.
She has to make a choice. But how can she when giving her heart to one of them might mean breaking the other's?

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for having me on your blog and for your awesome questions!! ;)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your answers! It's always fun to learn a few of the insider secrets of the book. I thought your description of Brenna was spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this interview! Thanks for sharing it! I adored the question about her favorite line in the book, and Liz picked such a good answer, too - that line rocks!

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day better...go ahead leave one. I'll comment back!

This blog is an award free zone. I love and appreciate the awards, but I'm unable to pass them on and share the love like I'd like to.