Friday, March 9, 2012

TGIF

TGIF is hosted by Ginger at GReads


This week's question: Promote An Author: Is there a particular author you wish got more recognition? Pick one author; tell us why we should read their work.

Oh man, tough question. There are a lot of authors that I think should get more recognition. You all know how much I love Jeri Smith-Ready, so she'd be the obvious choice. And at first that's who I was going to pick. But I chose to change it up. DON'T FORGET TO GET HER BOOKS THOUGH. They are worthy of your time to read them. I promise.

However, this week I'm going to convince you to go check out Carolyn Crane, author of The Disilluionists series. If you saw my post last week then you know I pimped her books then. My favorite scene read this year was her wedding scene. This trilogy will mess with your head, but when you're done reading (and you've recovered from the hangover) you'll wish there was more. And there will be, because Simon has his own short story (DEVIL'S LUCK). So when you're ready to fall love, figure out mind puzzles, and meet some really fantawesome characters then make sure you go get The Disillusionists series by Carolyn Crane! 


Blog Recap:
Tuesday: Review - HEAD OVER HEELS by Jill Shalvis

Coming Up Next Week (besides my 10 year wedding anniversary, St. Patty's Day, and a Vegas trip)
Must Read Monday
Review: Undeniably Yours by Shannon Stacey
Blog Tour Stop: CROAK by Gina Damico
TGIF:Social Networking: Do you use Twitter or Facebook to promote your blog?  How has it benefited your book blogging experience? If not, how do you promote your blog? Share your twitter handle and/or Facebook link!

5 comments:

  1. I haven't read anything by those 2 authors so thanks for the recommendations! And I definitely don't use social networking enough - but to tell you the truth I don't have the time. I do comment a lot on blogs though, so hopefully that way works just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read Jeri's YA series and liked it. Didn't love it but it's different and cool! I have Carolyn's series, the first book at least on my TBR mountain! So one day soon I hope to give it a try!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH! Carolyn Crane! This is a Fabulous choice! I almost want to change mine to her too!! I read and LOVED the first 2 books in the Disilusionist series. I still have not read the last one! I really need to get on that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New author for me! Thanks for the heds up. I will have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUP YUP YUP! To both Jeri and Carolyn.
    Loved Simon's story too. I just can't get enough of her writing.

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day better...go ahead leave one. I'll comment back!

This blog is an award free zone. I love and appreciate the awards, but I'm unable to pass them on and share the love like I'd like to.